|HOME||Recreation Report||Classifieds||Computer FAQ Gal||Lighthouse||Older Computer FAQ|
I’ve lived in the Randle area for the past 20 years, moving here from Kent in 1999 to get out of the city life and never looked back. I have three children, my oldest daughter lives in Seattle and the younger daughter and son live in Randle. I’m blessed with three beautiful grandkids.
I came across some iPhone “hacks” that I thought I would share. I am an iPhone user but quite a few of these were new to me. Here are my favorites.
• Swipe up on your photo or video to add a caption. The image will be saved in your iCloud photos and you can search for it by typing the caption or keyword into your search window.
• Launch your Apps faster by typing in the name of the App in the search window. Much quicker than flipping through pages of Apps to find what you are looking for.
• Search the web without Safari by swiping left to open the Search window and type in what you want to search the web for.
• Get a faster charge by setting your phone to Airplane Mode when plugging it in. This will pause your phone’s background notifications and GPS roaming activities that use your battery life as you are charging.
• Get more storage space by “cleaning” your RAM. Hold down the power button until you see the option to slide to power off. Hold down the HOME button.
• Go to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>System Services>Frequent Locations and you can see locations that you frequent and the amount of time you spend there. You can turn this off by tapping “Clear History” then swipe left on Frequent Locations.
Have any Android phone hacks you’d like to share? Send me and email or text and I’ll include them in a future article.
Have a great week!
Computer FAQ GAL - Previous Columns
Computer FAQ GAL
Please send your questions to
Computer FAQ Columns
from Robert Aydelot: 2019-April 2020